You will need to submit your request directly to the city, county, or other government agency that has the records. NextRequest is the software that powers the public records portal but we do not fulfill public records requests ourselves. If you don’t know the website for an agency’s NextRequest portal, the easiest way to find it is to go to that agency’s website and search for ‘public records’ or search the "name of the agency + NextRequest" in your preferred search engine. They should have a page that explains the process for submitting a public records request as well as a link to their portal.
Once you locate the portal for the agency you can submit a request by clicking Make Request as seen here:
Complete the required fields and click Submit. If you provide an email address you will receive an email confirmation for your request and an account will be created for you. You will then be able to create a password and login to the portal once you confirm your account.
To create an account you can follow these steps:
- Click the SIGN IN link in the upper right corner of the portal you made your request through
- Click the “Lost password / Can't sign in?” link underneath the SIGN IN button
- Enter your email address in the box and click the SUBMIT button
- Enter your preferred password in the boxes and click the SAVE button.
- Please note the system uses a password strength checker and will only allow passwords with a high strength reading. We recommend using a password that is at minimum 8 characters long and uses a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters. We also have users that choose to use phrases as well.
- Locate and open the confirmation email in your inbox click the "Confirm my account" link. You will be taken to the regular sign in page where you can enter the email address and password you just set up to log in.
- If you are unable to locate the the confirmation email, please make sure to check your junk/spam folders.