How is a request processed?
This Article will help all Staff members understand the workflow and elements of processing a public records request using NextRequest.
- Requester - the member of the public who has submitted the request.
- Point of Contact - The staff member who owns and oversees a request.
- Support Staff - The staff member(s) assigned to help the Point of Contact fulfill requests.
- Request entered online by the requester. Staff members can enter requests if they arrive via another way such as fax, email or phone.
- Email notifications sent to the requester and Point of Contact.
- Add Helpers or change Point of Contact as necessary. Email notifications are sent to everyone involved with the request when these actions occur.
- Post messages as necessary to get clarification from a requester or give information to them. Email notifications will be sent to everyone involved when a message is posted.
- Add a document to the request. You can either upload a document directly, provide a link to a document if it's already online, or give a description of how a document can be accessed.
- Close the request once it has been adequately responded to.