New features in this release:
- Send invoices and track payments without using Stripe
- Option to include request description in email notifications when a user is assigned
Send invoices and track payments without using Stripe
Overview: Agencies who have the NextRequest Payments module can now send invoices and track payments without having to set up a Stripe integration. Requesters can pay the invoice via the agency's preferred method, and the agency will then manually mark the invoice as paid.
How to use this feature: If your agency already has Payments, you'll now see a $ button in the row of buttons at the top right of each request. You can click this button to send an Invoice to the requester. Since the requester won't be paying through NextRequest, you'll want to include instructions on how they should pay the invoice. Once they've paid the invoice, you can mark it as paid in the system by clicking the $ button again. You may want to set up an Invoice template to save time and ensure consistency. You can do this by going to Admin > Templates > Invoice Templates
Things to be aware of:
- The only payment system that can be integrated with a NextRequest portal is still Stripe
Option to include request description in email notifications when a user is assigned
Overview: You now have the option of including the text of the request description in any of the notification emails sent when a request is assigned to a new person. This will help your users better evaluate the urgency of a request and next steps just from the email.
How to use this feature: This currently has to be turned on by NextRequest for each portal. We have not turned it on by default, because we don't want to make a change that could cause possible sensitive information to be included in emails without the agency being aware and approving the change. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like this feature turned on for your portal.
Things to be aware of:
- The request description will be included in any email notifications where a user is automatically or manually assigned to a request. It will not be included in any other notifications such as for messages or tasks being assigned.
- Admins, Department Admins, Publishers, and Staff will all see the request description in assignment notifications
- The request description is not included in any notifications that the requester receives