This article will tell you how to convert an image-only PDF to a PDF with machine-encoded (searchable) text in RapidReview
- First, select the image-only PDF.
- Then, click on the "more actions" icon () in the document card
- Then, select the " OCR file" icon
- The system will prompt you with a pop-up to confirm (since the process of OCR will replace the original document with a machine-readable document)
- If you wish to proceed, click "OCR File"
- An alert will inform you when your OCR process is complete. Depending on the size of the document this could take anywhere from 30 seconds to many minutes.
If your OCR was unsuccessful, it may be that the image was saved in a format other than image-only. Currently, images that already have some machine-encoded text are not able to be processed further by the NextRequest OCR feature. Additionally, if your PDF is comprised of multiple image files (for example as a result of the scanning process) you may need to convert it to a simple raster image in order to use the NextRequest OCR function at this time.