In this article we'll cover:
What are stages?
“Stages” are what we call the tabs at the top of the screen when you’re in the RapidReview tool. You can think of them like a workflow that you move documents through. Other users working on the request can also view documents in each stage and take actions as needed.
The number next to each stage represents the number of documents in each stage from the folder that is selected on the left.
- UNPROCESSED: Any documents that you upload to a request (and are “staff only” in visibility) will first appear in the Unprocessed stage. These are documents that you haven’t moved to another stage or redacted.
- NON-RESPONSIVE: Any documents that you know, right off the bat, that you don't need to process can go in this stage.
- NEEDS REDACTION: This stage is great when working on a request with other users, in that you can move documents from Unprocessed to Needs Redaction if someone else needs to review the list of documents before they are redacted. You can also individually or batch redact documents directly from the Unprocessed stage.
- REDACTED: Once documents have been redacted (either individually or batch redacted) they will appear in this stage.
- READY FOR RELEASE: Once you’re done redacting documents, you can move them to this stage to show that they are ready to be released to the requester.
- ORIGINALS: The Originals stage can be found on the far right side of the screen. This is where original documents/files get put after they are extracted, zipped or redacted.
How to move documents between stages
Documents can be moved between stages individually or in bulk. If you want to move multiple documents to another stage:
- Check the box next to each document that you'd like to move OR click the check box at the top of the list to select all documents
- Click the change stage icon ()
If you want to take other actions on a single document, you can do so by selecting from the options on its document card (see information on document cards here [link to document card article]).
Click the ellipsis icon to open up the document card menu, as seen below:
Select from the list of actions: