How to link to the main landing page, make request page, and a request for a specific department
Members of the public will find it helpful if you provide them with a link to your NextRequest portal. The best place for this is somewhere on your website, in the same place as other information relating to Public Records Requests. If you are updating individual department pages , you can link directly to the Make a Request page with your department auto-filled in the department selection field!
How to link to your portal from your website:
- Copy the URL for your NextRequest portal from your browser (Landing page or the Make a Request page)
- Paste the link in your website editor, wherever you want to place the link on your website
Note: If you don't know how to edit the content of your website, talk to someone in IT at your agency - they should be able to help you!
How to generate a link for your department's Make a Request page:
If you are part of a large department you may want to link directly from your department's website to the portal with your department pre-selected for the requester.
The first thing you will need to create this link is your department's ID. To find that:
- Log into the portal
- Click Admin
- Click Departments
- Click the Department you want to create a link for. In the URL for the department page, you'll see a number after the last / - THIS IS YOUR DEPARTMENT ID. It is unique to this department in your portal and does not have a duplicate in any other portal.
- Example: https://pilot3.nextrequest.com/admin/departments/87 - the department ID is 87.
Now that you have your department's ID, you're ready to create your unique department portal link!
- Click Make a Request in your portal
- Take the URL and add the following: ?dept_id=DEPT ID FROM ABOVE
- In the end, your URL should look like this: https://pilot3.nextrequest.com/requests/new?dept_id=87