I'm trying to add a user and it says the email address is already in use, what do I do?
If you are trying to add a new user and the system says the email address is in use but you don't see them in the user list typically they were either deactivated at some point or they were set up as a Guest user (Requester). To locate and update the user you can take the following steps. Admins and department admins can currently edit users, if you do not have access to the Admin section follow up with your portal administrator to update your credentials.
How to locate a user
- Sign into your account and go to Admin
- Click the "Show Requesters" and "Show deactivated users" toggles in the upper left hand corner:
- Enter the users email address in the Search box
- Locate the user in the list. You can edit their role to a non-guest role by clicking on the Pencil icon:
Or if the user was deactivated click the green Reactivate button:
- If you make changes click Save at the bottom