Create an initial response template that is sent automatically when a requester submits a request
We recommend creating an initial response template that is sent to requesters automatically when they submit a request. This helps to set timeline expectations and provide additional information when needed. You can also use this feature to set expectations when your office is closed.
Note: This action is currently only available to users with the Admin user role.
Steps to create an initial response template:
- Click Admin in the upper right hand corner
- Click Message Templates
- Click Create Message Template:
- Input a name for the template and the text you wish to appear in the initial response template in the boxes provided and click Save:
- Once you save you'll be brought back to the Message Templates section. Locate the template and click on the Initial Contact Toggle to set the template as the automatic response:
- If you would like to send yourself a test email click Preview on the pop up, otherwise click No Thanks: