How to download one or many records as a requester
There are two ways that you can download your documents:
- If the agency uses document pickup links, then you can download the documents by clicking on the file names in the email that was sent notifying you that they were released as seen here:
- You can go directly to the request and download the documents. The documents will be listed in the Documents section on the left of the request as seen here:
If you’re having difficulty accessing the documents the first thing to check is if you are logged in. Some requests are public but the documents are private, meaning that you can get to the request itself without being able to see the documents. If you can see that documents were released in the timeline on the right, but the documents themselves aren’t listed in the documents section on the left then you are not logged in. You can login to the portal by clicking Sign In in the upper right hand corner.
What if there are a lot of documents?
You can now download in bulk as seen here:
Step by step instructions on how to download in bulk:
- Click the Request Page Preview toggle in the upper right hand corner:
- Click the Documents section in the request
- Select the documents you wish to download by checking the box and then click the Download icon:
- This will zip the files and begin a download to your computer/device